We offer Distance Learning programs so geography is not a barrier to getting the help you need. Here’s how it works:
- Call 909-598-2482 or 949-477-4133 for a free 20-minute consultation with our Distance Learning Consultant. We can help you determine if Distance Learning is a good option for your child and family.
- Our consultant will email you a set of Intake Questionnaires. Return these to us with your Intake Fee of $395 and any recent testing reports, IEPs, report cards, and videos that you feel will help us better understand your child’s learning needs.
- We will review all of your paperwork and videos and will meet with you via phone or video conference to get more detailed information from you, make projected recommendations for programming, and get your Distance Learning program started.
- On-site testing and Jump Start: Families are strongly advised to come to either the Chino, CA or Irvine, CA center for evaluation and a jump start on the programs. A minimum of 3 days is recommended, but many families opt for 1 – 3 weeks, particularly if they are coming from other countries or a great distance. Why do a Jump Start? An on-site assessment allows us to explore all different aspects of your child’s learning and to see how he or she approaches each task. It gives us the best look at exactly what underlying skills are not supporting him well enough and what to do to change that.
- allows us to get started with your child and see exactly how he will respond to the programming, how quickly he will be able to move, and what challenges will likely come up. You get to see how the programs work and how to coach your child. We will work with you on navigating and using the materials and how to get started once you go home.
Parents find the Jump Start to be extremely helpful. It gets student on board, helps the family see some success right away, and gives the parent the confidence to continue the training once they get home.
- We set up a weekly phone or video chat consultation with your Distance Learning consultant to be your instructor and coach as you work with your child on the recommended programming.
Who is Distance Learning for?
- Families who live in an area that has few or no options to adequately treat their child.
- Families who live outside of driving distance to the Stowell Learning Center
- Some parents have been disappointed by poor results through programs at school or other education centers or private practices. They are drawn to Stowell Learning Center because of the results others have experienced.
“I had great support from the SLC staff. They always provided me with tools and tips for home or school to help my son succeed. It was always clear with assignments and any questions or concerns were given immediate feedback.”Parent